Monday, June 7, 2010

Woodland Green FOTD and Gradient Nails

So I've been wanting to do a look somewhat inspired by the new Robin Hood movie by using greens and bronzes and this is what I came up with:

(Sorry the lighting and colours aren't very good in these shots)

 


Step-by-step process:

1. Prime eyes using Two Faced Shadow Insurance (a dot size cover entire lid)
2. Apply a light shimmery/metalic green eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid. Here I used "Sea Green" loose eyeshadow by Savvy (You can buy this at Priceline for about $7 it think; it's one of my favourites ^.^)
3. Use a bronze shadow on outer half of the lid and blend the two colours together. Here I used NYX "Golden".
4. Using a crease brush, take that bronze colour into and above your crease, keeping a sharp edge at the outer eye corner (at this stage you can cheat by applying some tape to get those perfect lines)
5. Bring the light green up to meet the crease colour and blend
6. Take a darker green and, using a flat brush, apply to the bottom outer half of your lash line. At the outer corner, blend this with the bronze colour. I'm using NYX "Kiwi".
6. Use a fine brush and gel eyeliner to tightly line your top lash line and flick the liner out following the sharp edge you created in step 4. I'm using Inglot's gel eyeliner in black.
7. With the remaining liner on your brush, lightly go over the bottom lash line, stopping half way.
8. To brighten your eyes, add a dot of white shadow in the inner corner and blend. Line your bottom waterline with a white eye pencil.
9. Curl you lashes and apply a generous coat of mascara

You're Done!

For the rest of my face, I just used NYX "Natural" blush applied with a stippling brush and NYX "Rose" Lipstick.

I personally love green eyeshadow and it saddens me just a little every time someone says blue eyes don't match :( But I think this is a nice subtle green look anyone can pull off.

Onto another recent nail art experimentation of mine: gradient nails! Some colour combinations can look stunning when done right. I went for a pink combo and this is what I came up with:


You might not be able to tell, but I've used three colours: OPI "Princesses Rule!" as the base and top coat, OPI "Lunch at the Dehli" in the middle and OPI "Koala Berry" at the tip.

It's super easy to do - I just used a makeup sponge to apply the layers of polish and voila!


And I got my Cherry Culture goodies I bought during the NYX sale today. I haven't forgotten about my original CC haul, don't worry. After exams, I'll pull out all my NYX treasures and swatch and review them all as promised :)


First exam tomorrow :S

jenni&ying xo

1 comment:

  1. I absolutly love the faerie theme! especially the nails, I gotta get me one of those gradiant sponges.

    love the blog... following already :)

    ReplyDelete