Tuesday, June 29, 2010

a mecca night

Howdy!

So holidays have been far more busier than I imagined so apologies for the lack of blog action. I recently cashed in my $150 makeup lesson at Mecca Cosmetica (thanks Ying!). The makeup artist went through everything - from moisturisers, toners, primers & foundation to blush, highlights and shadows.

The look she showed me was a beautiful smokey plum eye using all Nars foundation, bronzer, blush highlighter and eyeshadows. 
Here's the face chart she drew me up (she used so many products!!):

Out of the $150 (plus a little extra), I purchased Nars Shear Glow foundation in Light 2, Stila smudge pot in Black and Nars multi-stick "The Multiple". These products really impressed me. 

Nars foundation costs AU$99 so it isn't something I'm going to be using all the time, but it glides onto the skin effortlessly and blends in incredibly. 

The smudge pot (AU$42) does NOT smudge AT ALL! It is called "smudge pot" because of its dual purpose for lining the eye and creating a smokey effect by smudging. The artist even used it on my upper waterline. 

And lastly, the Nars multi-stick (retailing at a hefty AU$89) is really pretty when blended into the skin (see below). The colour I purchased is called copacabana and can be used as a highlighter for cheeks, inner eye, brow bone and even lips! And you get a lot of product so I thought it was worth it ;) 

And here's the look:



And this is my outfit for the night including my new faux leather jacket from Living Doll & skirt from bardot.



Continuing with the black trend I went for a black and silver gradient nail with extra glitter dust applied to the tips. For those of you that haven't heard of Ulta3 (made famous through Vogue Aus Forums), they are an Australian polish with a considerably good formula for the price -> $2! Only a few chemists tend to stock them, so I was lucky to score this one. Can't wait to go back for more haha!

And the best part? Freebies! A part of the vogue promo, I scored a whole box of goodies including a mini Nars bronzer (so cute!) and Stila kitten eyeshadow!!
So all in all, I had a great night out. Off to watch Toy Story 3 tonight!


jenni&ying xo

No comments:

Post a Comment